Kalau kamu masih di tahun pertama, perhaps, you can relax a little bit. Tapi, kalo sedikit lebih sepuh, kamu harus mulai merasa khawatir, resah, gelisah, gundah gulana. Or perhaps, relax a little bit more… not. Mahasiswa tingkat akhir? We can’t really tell what they’re feeling about this. We are fully aware that TOEFL is overrated. But, shoot, you have to take the test anyway. Save a little bit. Read a lot. TOEFL is EASY. Maksud kami, soalnya cukup mudah. Jawabannya saja yang sedikit sukar.
Pusat Bahasa menyediakan TOEFL/TKBI dengan biaya pendaftaran yang cukup terjangkau. Apalagi jika TOEFL diselenggarakan secara kolektif. Semakin banyak peserta TOEFL, semakin “minimum” biaya yang harus dikeluarkan. Again, TOEFL is overrated. It’s not that hard. Only few find it complicated. Don’t you think so? Oh, you don’t? Well…
Let’s have a look at some “general” strategies; say at Structure and Written Expression:
- Be familiar with the directions. They’re all the same on every test. Don’t waste your time reading the directions.
- Begin with questions 1-15. Anticipate that 1-5 will be the easiest. 11-15 the most difficult. Don’t spend too much time on 11-15.
- Continue w/ 16-40. Anticipate that 16-20 will be the easiest. 36-40 will the biggest pain in the neck. Don’t spend too much time on them.
- If you have time, return to questions 11-15. Spend extra time on them only after you spend all the time you want on easier questions.
- NEVER LEAVE ANY ANSWERS BLANK ON YOUR ANSWER SHEET. NEVER.
- Afterward, pray. It is the solution to human problems.
Wait!! You have yet to finish listening and reading sections *bummer*. Similar strategies would “normally” apply to the two other sections. Remember the magic number 550. Or higher. So, take the test. Write your thesis. Graduate. And life is good, most likely.